Monday, May 16, 2011

I Smile

I smile to hold those happy moments

They’re rare, but I find my way to cherish them
They may not be so near, yet I try to find them…

I smile when life takes its own course
And there’s joy around; when
Happiness is shared and family
Is free from troubles, worries and pain…


I smile when justice is done to those who are denied
Their little tears of joy; their quiet share of laughter
Their small and beautiful decorated rooms
Their lighted faces and merrymaking moments


I smile when I desire to achieve success
And when success strikes
I want to leap forth, sprint like a deer
Fly like a bird…


I smile smelling the perfume
Of promise that brings in new moments
Of mirth and bliss
Of life’s ‘blessed’ pleasures
That resides within my heart…


I still smile when success seems to
Drift away in life’s journey; and
Life seems to be at the edge
Of crossroads – the call is difficult
Yet vital!


I smile at these ironies of success!
I smile at these few flashes of smiles
I smile – the urge to break from the past
Clings more now….

I smile again, now that the doors that opened
Slowly shuts – ironies of destiny;
Ironies of smile – sometimes smiling
And smilingly shedding a tear and
Sometimes just letting it pass quietly


A new dawn awaits as the
Wild breeze blows…
A new smile in the air brings
Yet again, the perfume of promise…

No comments:

Post a Comment