Monday, November 18, 2013

Strings, Attached…



 I know not the joyous music of the strings
And the notes that your soul springs forth…
The silence of the strings makes me yearn
For words that could match the cold touch!

I see you sprint your thoughts as you
Create the ode into a riot of designs
Springing to and fro to transform the cold,
Into a more hopeful incredible sound!

Can you find me in the crowd of stillness
In the strings that echo an assurance?
Can you define the parallels of calmness?
The white and black shades of styled frames,
That fashion your possessed beauty?

The musical sound of the strings plays
With the perfumes sprayed around…
It’s a world of romanticism, of love and different shades
Of sounds and voices and chiming bells!

In that stillness of the night
The dedicated lovers cross streams of notes,
As flames cross decades of silence ---
The night plays on…!

Give me your word not to depart
For I have journeyed my soul with yours,
For I have sung with those strings…
Notes that not many dared to sing!

My tears of hope scroll down deep,
My eyes meet yours in solitude;
Wait, oh! Night, let it be, let it be…
For I know the strings by now –
Let it be, oh! Night…!
           
  Rajdeep Pathak
                                                                                                               November 16, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment