Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My blissful ride



From inside the blanket
Your eyes glittered and beamed so bright
Your looks so divine, your grip so tight!

I walked slowly, carefully, counting my steps
One, two, three and many more, as each
Corridor and its doors stared me…!

Nothing deterred me in my journey
Into this new world of dreams, of laughter
Of moments of silence, of joy and of caress…!

Slowly, steadily, in a fine balancing act –
The first child in me smiled back, as tears
Flowed down, carelessly, as I held you;
And as the doors opened and shut before me.

Moments of joy and fear accompanied
My thoughts, now vulnerable – tears of joy
Still rolled on, as you smiled again for a while!

Unknown into this world, in my arms,
From your mother’s womb, as you join
Me in the blissful ride through the paths and alleys ---
Nine months you nurtured yourself
In her sheltered womb, away from the light and the dust!

She danced, she sang, you heard, you moved;
She felt, you sensed, she cried, you comforted;
She embraced, you cuddled, she secured, you sealed!

The bond has just begun….!


Rajdeep Pathak
June 26, 2013


For my daughter, Sharanya, who is now two-and-a half-years old. The above written lines are those that I felt as a father, when I held her in my arms for the first time on October 11, 2010.

1 comment: