Saturday, June 22, 2013

Walking in the Rain…

Have you seen those majestic drops,
In the blue ocean, as they
Danced in the still waters…
While I watched them create waves
In between those stillness that surrounded the sky?

Misty, yet clear drops fell with a thumping sound
Thrashing, whistling; breaking the stillness of the night….

My dreams are over and I leap forth to the ground,
Humming merrily a tune of the rain as she walks into
My green land of lilies and roses and pomegranates;
Her feet wet with the waters she brings home!

I have now taken the strings of the veena
Setting it to a soulful music of the clouds
That coats the sky above with a disguised look,
Camouflaging the veil of the costume worn…!

My thoughts envelop in some distant flight,
And I trace the paths that the waters walked;
The strings of the veena trails behind, unmatched
With those notes, yet unsung!

Way forward, I have not asked her name,
Nor have I chased the shadowed lines
Of the rainbow, which I yearned from the mountains behind!

The rise and fall of the waves flows with the waters
Lifting each sound of the music and the soul to harmony!

My veena now sings in melody as notes match
With the flow of the drops, tinkling each vein,
Tuning my thoughts to her quick movements!

My feet touch her; feels her pitch; sets her to a song…
The veena plays on, breaking the slightest silence…
As I lay bare myself, before her…!

Rajdeep Pathak
June 22, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment