Friday, March 21, 2014

Raping the Rivers



I sting like a wretched lifeless disturbing nostalgia
As my legacy is ruined by mocking creations,
Of surviving richness and dying consciousness!

My splendour and purity has been torn and
Stripped time and again by lustful audiences
Of illustrious and mortal beings – defining divinity
As my existence and deliberately marauding me!

They who swear by me, compel their vicious
Ignorance on my clean and chaste flow…  Still
I give life to many breasts!

Songs of lament surround me,
Whilst people defecate and mar my soul;
Alive emotions and stereotyped passions
Plunge me into despair.

Flashes of bliss – ashes, fire, corpses flow in me,
And the ceremonial outer trappings
Of industries and machines disrobe my sanctity…
They create a façade of purity and piousness!

Curtailed by artificial boundaries, their
Reflection imbibes an ornamentation of false pride;
As I ponder on the loss of unrequited love
For my decaying dignity, as it bothers none today.

Blessed? Cleansed? …

Rajdeep Pathak
March 21, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment